For Immediate Release
Lewes Office Sponsoring Food Drive!
Join the Lewes Branch of Coldwell Banker Premier as they strive to help put an end to hunger in Delaware this month!
In parternship with the Food Bank of Delaware, items of highest need include peanut butter, cereals (both hot and cold), canned meats, 100% fruit juices, pasta, and canned vegetables.
To work toward putting an end to hunger, The Food Bank of Delaware follows a mission statement guided by providing nutritious foods to those in need while facilitating long-term solutions to the problems of hunger and poverty in our statewide communities.
Some of the ways the Food Bank of Delaware strives to accomplish this mission include:
- Informing the greater Delaware community about hunger issues and food security;
- Mobilizing support for anti-hunger efforts;
- Training and empowering under- and unemployed individuals to fill needed positions within the food service and warehousing/logistics industries;
- And developing and implementing statewide nutrition programs to assist low-income families, individuals and children.
Office Manager and Broker, Julie Gritton, had this to say about the efforts, "We know the community in Lewes and the entirety of Sussex County can help make an impact for families across locally and across the state. Our agents' generosity, as well as that from the local community cannot be understated and is hugely appreciated as we support an amazing cause."
Now through the end of February, non-perishable foods can be dropped off at the Lewes Office at 800 Kings Highway or monetary donations can be made online here.
If you are unable to get to Lewes, donations can also be dropped off at any of the Coldwell Banker Premier Offices, which are located at:
- 20184 Coastal Highway in Rehoboth Beach
- 22350 Sussex Highway in Seaford
- 711 N. DuPont Boulevard in Milford
For more information on the Food Bank of Delaware, visit their website at www.fbd.org or call 302-292-1305.
For more on Coldwell Banker Premier, visit us online at www.cbanker.com. The Lewes Office can be reached by phone at (302) 645-2881.